BannerFans.com

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Control Panel Removal For Chevrolet Canyon And GM Colorado?

Chevrolet Canyon and GM Colorado HVAC control panel removal details.

In this chapter complete details with step by instructions is provided to replace Control panel.
The procedure is as follows:----



  1. Drain the engine coolant.
  2. Recover the refrigerant.
  3. Remove the instrument panel (I/P).
  4. Remove the steering column.
  5. Remove the 2 bolts retaining the I/P carrier to the brake pedal/steering column support bracket.
  6. Remove the right 2 carrier retaining bolts.
  7. Remove the 2 lower center carrier retaining bolts.
  8. Remove the left 2 I/P carrier retaining bolts.
  9. Located near the radio, remove the I/P harness retainer from the I/P carrier.
  10. Located near the HVAC blower motor, remove the I/P harness retainer from the I/P carrier.
  11. Located near the OnStar® module, remove the I/P harness retainer from the I/P carrier.
  12. Remove the left courtesy lamp from the I/P carrier.
  13. Partially remove the I/P carrier from the bulkhead.
  14. Remove the right courtesy lamp from the I/P carrier.
  15. Located near the steering column electrical connector, remove the I/P harness retainer from the I/P carrier.
  16. If equipped with OnStar®, disconnect the connectors from the module.
  17. Remove the steering column and SIR connector from the I/P carrier.
  18. Position the I/P wire harness in order to remove the I/P carrier.
  19. Position the HVAC control assembly cables in order to remove the I/P carrier.
  20. Remove the I/P carrier from the vehicle.
  21. Release the heater hose clamps.
  22. Disconnect the heater hose quick connects and from the heater core.
  23. Remove the retaining nut from the TXV stud.
  24. Remove the evaporator tube and suction hose from the TXV.
  25. Remove the radio antenna from the HVAC module.
  26. Reposition the carpet.
  27. Remove rear floor duct.
  28. Remove the HVAC module retaining nuts from the cowl.
  29. Remove the HVAC module assembly.
To install:
  1. If replacing the HVAC module assembly, transfer the components from the old HVAC module assembly as necessary.
  2. Install the HVAC module assembly.
  3. Install the HVAC module retaining nuts to the cowl and tighten to 40 inch lbs. (4.5 Nm).
  4. Install rear floor duct.
  5. Reposition the carpet.
  6. Install the radio antenna to the HVAC module.
  7. Connect the heater hose quick connects and to the heater core.
  8. Install the evaporator tube and suction hose to the TXV.
  9. Install the retaining nut to the TXV stud.
  10. Tighten the retaining nut 40 inch lbs. (4.5 Nm).
  11. Position the I/P carrier to the bulkhead.
  12. Position the HVAC control assembly cables through the I/P carrier.
  13. Position the I/P wire harness on the I/P carrier.
  14. Install the steering column and SIR connector to the I/P carrier.
  15. If equipped with OnStar®, connect the connectors to the module.
  16. Located near the steering column electrical connector, install the I/P harness retainer to the I/P carrier.
  17. Install the right courtesy lamp to the I/P carrier.
  18. Install the I/P carrier to the bulkhead.
  19. Install the left courtesy lamp to the I/P carrier.
  20. Located near the OnStar® module, install the I/P harness retainer to the I/P carrier.
  21. Located near the HVAC blower motor, install the I/P harness retainer to the I/P carrier.
  22. Located near the radio, install the I/P harness retainer to the I/P carrier.
  23. Partially install the 2 lower center carrier retaining bolts.
  24. Partially install the left 2 I/P carrier retaining bolts.
  25. Partially install the right 2 carrier retaining bolts.
  26. Partially install the 2 bolts retaining the I/P carrier to the brake pedal/steering column support bracket.
  27. Install the 2 center carrier retaining bolts and tighten to 80 inch lbs. (9 Nm).
  28. Install the remaining carrier retaining bolts and tighten to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
  29. Install the steering column.
  30. Install the I/P.
  31. Evacuate and recharge the A/C system.
  32. Leak test the fittings of the components.
  33. Refill the engine coolant.

These details will help.
Thanks.           

FOR MORE HELP GO TO: ---

Car repair guide?

http://technoanswers.blogspot.in/2012/03/car-repair-guide.html



No comments:

Post a Comment